When do I need to book?
Each tour has a set number of departures with limited group size. Many tours fill quickly so it is always advisable to book early to get your preferred choice of dates. They do not offer late booking discounts so there is no benefit in delaying booking your holiday - in fact, many of their tours come with an early booking discount. A deposit is needed to fully reserve any of their holidays. Once you have booked and paid them the appropriate deposit for your holiday, they guarantee that you will not be surcharged. This means that even if a cost increase is imposed upon them by a supplier - for example, due to an increase in fuel costs - and they need to increase the holiday price for all new bookings, they guarantee that a price rise will not affect you if you have already booked your holiday. Conversely, if a price drops after you’ve booked, they’ll pass on the difference to you. It really does pay to book early.
How do I make a booking?
There are four ways to book a holiday:
- Directly from this website by clicking on the ‘View dates & prices’ button on your chosen holiday page.
- By telephoning their Tour Advisors on the number shown with your chosen holiday on the website or on the relevant page in their brochure. Their Tour Advisors will be happy to complete your booking details and make a deposit by card payment over the telephone.
- By telephoning their Tour Advisors to make a provisional booking. They will hold the place(s) on your chosen holiday for up to 48 hours.
- They also sell their holidays through selected travel agents.
How do I pay my deposit?
If you book online or by telephone, payment is required by debit or credit card. If booking through a Travel Agent, payment is made directly to your Agent. If you are paying by credit card on or before 18th December 2017, a charge of 2% will apply, however, no charge will apply to credit card payments made after 18th December 2017 (no charge will be applied at any time for payments made by cheque or debit cards).
How do I pay my balance?
The final payment for your holiday is due 60 days prior to departure. If you have not already made your final payment, here is how you can pay:
- Call their Customer Services team on 01904 527 105 to pay over the phone using a credit or debit card. No charge will apply to credit card payments made after 18th December 2017 (no charge will be applied at any time for payments made by cheque or debit cards).
- Post a cheque to the address shown on the letter received with your preparations booklet, together with the payment counterfoil found at the back of your confirmation of booking
- Pay by bank transfer, by visiting your branch or going online (instructions can be found on the payment counterfoil found at the back of your confirmation of booking)
Which credit/debit cards do you accept?
- Debit - Visa Debit, Maestro (Switch) and MasterCard Debit.
- Credit - Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
What are the excursions like?
Excursions are included in the price of your holiday. They are designed to give a balance of cultural, historical and social interest and to give you insight into the areas they visit. They try to use trains for excursions, however, they sometimes utilize coaches or boats to get to places of interest. Where coaches are used, these are of high quality and aim to keep coach journeys to a maximum of two hours between stops. On most excursions, in addition to your Tour Manager, we are accompanied by a local guide to impact specialist knowledge of the sights being visited. Some excursions are to off-the-beaten-track destinations that simply would not be stumbled upon without this local knowledge.